Translation Internship: English/French > Dutch
At OrientaEuro Belgium asbl we offer our services in English, French, Dutch and Spanish. This implies a continuous need for professional translation as well as proofreading internal and external documents, blog posts, proposals, coaching tools, press releases, etc.
What this internship looks like:
Right from the start you will acquire a good understanding of our services and will receive very clear guidelines, a glossary of common terms, priorities and upcoming tasks visibility. The material you will be translating is very varied and interesting, so you will never get bored translating with us! (Unless translation is not your passion, in which case maybe you should not apply)
- Translating communication material, blog posts, press articles, web content, social media posts, email campaigns, coaching tools, documentation and proposals into the target language
- Proofreading in the target language
- Occasionally, creating new content in the target language, based on different texts and/or interviews in the source language
- Passion for translation
- Native speaker (and writer!) of the target language
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Advanced level of the source language
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in translation
- Attention to detail (i.e.: the format of the target document, grammar, links, usage of the predefined glossary, etc.)
- Sense of responsibility
- Intermediate or advanced level of any of our other languages
How to apply:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating which specific internship you are applying for, from which date and for how long.
What to expect afterwards:
We will get back to you within two weeks from the moment of receipt of your CV and cover letter. If you meet the required qualifications and profile, we will send you a short evaluation task to assess your working style. If you succeed on that, you will be called for an interview (in-person or by Skype). If both parties agree that it would be mutually beneficial, we sign the agreement and the great journey begins!